Friday, February 25, 2011

An Introduction

Hello all and welcome!  As the blog title infers, I'll be reviewing WWE DVDs from my collection; offering opinions, whether or not said DVD/video is recommended, and insights.  There are two disclaimers I'm going to make.  First, professional wrestling, the WWE in particular, played a vital role in my childhood entertainment.  As such, a good percentage of reviews will be based on events I'm nostalgic for. The second is practically all the DVDs are event specific, as my collection is admittedly short of DVDs for individual stars.

For a quick background, I've been watching professional wrestling/sports entertainment since 1985.  My earliest memories are of watching Hulk Hogan feud or Roddy Piper, the Rock and Wrestling cartoon, Junkyard Dog, and the fact the British Bulldogs were my favorite tag team.  The height of my fandom was between the years of 1988-1991. After that, my interest waned (though I still watched), until it was piqued again with the NWO invasion angle.  Around 2000 my interest really dipped for various reasons. However, by then, I felt I had watched the WWE/WCW product for so long I'd figure to at least keep following it.

Grab some popcorn, a soda (or adult beverage if you prefer), sit back, and relax as I queue up the DVD player!

No comments:

Post a Comment